When you are working in your garage, music can help keep your spirits and energy up. However, trying to listen to music on your phone or personal computer will not give you the sound quality you need.
On the other hand, speakers can be bulky and mostly need a power source, which you may not have or may be used for something else like powering a garage door opener.
In comes Bluetooth speakers.
In this guide, we review the best Bluetooth speakers for garages available in the market and advise on the factors to consider before making your purchase.
Best Bluetooth speakers for garage List:
- The OontZ Angle 3-Most affordable
- The Aiwa Exos-9
- The DOSS
- The Bose Soundlink Color II
- The BUGANI M83– Longest battery life
- The W-KING
6 Best Bluetooth Speakers for Garage Reviewed
In our buying guide, we compare the best Bluetooth speakers for Garages based on factors like sound quality, battery life, music control, and Bluetooth range and version.
We also explore the speakers that are compatible with Echo Dot, Echo Plus, Smartphones, PCs, and other Bluetooth devices, as well as whether they are water-resistant.
The OontZ Angle 3 Portable Bluetooth Garage Speaker
- 🎶 HIGHER QUALITY CRYSTAL CLEAR STEREO SOUND - The OontZ Angle 3 is Designed and Engineered by Cambridge Sound Works in the USA, using the highest quality components.
- 🔊 LOUDER VOLUME WITH ZERO DISTORTION – Surprisingly loud with no distortion, even at maximum volume. POWERFUL 10 WATTS OF OUTPUT VOLTAGE
- 💙 Suitable for INDOOR AND OUTDOOR USE - Incredible BLUETOOTH (5.0) RANGE OF 100 FEET meaning CONSTANT UNINTERRUPTED MUSIC
- 🚿 IPX5 WATER RESISTANT – Splashproof making it the IDEAL SHOWER SPEAKER or for TRIPS TO THE BEACH or POOL
- 🔋 Powerful battery lets you play all day
The Oontz passes all the high-quality sound checks and is probably the best Bluetooth speaker for garage. The frequency range allows you to clearly hear the highs and mids, as well as the bass. Oontz’s proprietary bass radiator enhances the bass, hence the sound quality.
The speaker also has a 10+ watts power amp that allows for loud volume without distortions. It has an impressive 100 feet range allowing for faster connection.
You can expand its functionality, for example responding to voice commands as it is compatible with Echo Dot, Echo Plus, Smartphones, PCs, and other Bluetooth devices. You also get to choose from a variety of colors: black, blue, orange, pink, red, red-coke, and white.
- Bluetooth 4.2.
- 5 ¼ inches tall.
- 14-hour battery life (at ⅔ volume)
- Clear stereo sound.
- Antenna design.
- Unique triangular design.
- Water-resistant (IPX5 certification).
- Dual precision acoustic stereo drivers.
- 10+ watts.
- Proprietary, passive, downward-facing bass radiator.
- 100 feet Bluetooth range.
- AUX-in jack.
- Built-in microphone.
- 2500 mAh rechargeable battery.
- Compatible with Echo Dot, Echo Plus, Smartphones, PCs, and other Bluetooth Devices.
- Micro-USB charging cable.
- It is available in black, blue, orange, pink, red, red-coke, and white.
- Pairs easily and quickly.
- Can resist gentle water spray and splash.
- Easy setup.
- The long battery life allows you to play music for a lengthy period without having to recharge your speakers.
- Great sound quality.
- You can use the in-built microphone for hands-free calls.
- Available in black, blue, orange, pink, red, red-coke, and white.
- You need a third-party app to use Alexa.
- Some users pointed to there not being enough bass.
- You might encounter problems when you disconnect from one device and try to pair with another.
We absolutely love the Oontz. It not only has great sound quality at 10+ watts per channel, but it has a good battery life (14 hours at ⅔ volume) and Bluetooth range (100 feet without obstructions).
It not only comes with extras like compatibility with other Bluetooth devices, including the Echo Dot and Echo plus, but also a built-in microphone, and an AUX-in jack that allows you to connect it to non-Bluetooth devices and your TV too. The Oontz is simply feature-packed.
The Aiwa Exos-9 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- HOME-STEREO SOUND, INSIDE OR OUT - With 200 watts of continuous power and 5 drivers, including a 6.5" dual-voice coil subwoofer, the Exos-9 delivers amazing stereo sound with deep bass, crisp treble and balanced mids. Distortion-free, even at volumes that will draw the attention of the local authorities.
- ALL-DAY BATTERY LIFE - Your guests will pass out before the Exos-9 does! Keep it plugged in at home or enjoy up to 9 HOURS of incredible unplugged sound with the included quick-swap Lithium-ion battery pack. Perfect for tailgates, camping, backyard fun, the beach, fishing, or any other outdoor activity where nature forgot to install power outlets.
- CONNECT IN SECONDS - Bluetooth 4.2 ensures instant pairing and maintains a strong connection up to 80 feet. The Exos-9 remembers your last device, allowing you to reconnect effortlessly. 3.5mm audio jack for direct connection.
- ULTIMATE CONTROL OVER YOUR MUSIC - Crank the bass, mids, or highs with the 5-band onboard graphic equalizer. Use one of 4 available pre-set options or fine tune the EQ to your liking. The customizable EQ makes the Exos-9 portable speaker perfect for every genre of music, podcasts and audiobooks.
- THE AIWA PROMISE - We proudly stand behind our products. We offer a 60-Day RISK-FREE SATISFACTION GUARANTEE and a 2-year WARRANTY on the Exos-9. If you’re not completely thrilled, send it back for a full refund, no questions asked. We’ll even pay for return shipping.
At 200 watts, the Aiwa Exos-9 has splendid sound quality. You can clearly hear the deep bass, balanced mids, and crisp treble, thanks to the 5 drivers and dual-voice coil subwoofer.
The Exos-9 has a 9-hour battery life which is ample time to enjoy your music even as you do the most grueling and lengthy tasks in your garage.
It has an 80-foot Bluetooth range. It connects instantly and remembers your devices, making consecutive connections fast and seamless. It also comes with a 3.5mm audio jack should you choose to connect to a device (without using the Bluetooth option).
The Exos-9 gives you lots of control over your music, as it comes with a customizable graphics equalizer with 4 preset options. You can choose how you want your music to sound.
- 200 watts.
- Remote control.
- 9-hour battery life.
- 5 drivers.
- Flat top.
- Stereo sound.
- Volume knob.
- Bluetooth 4.2.
- 80 feet Bluetooth range.
- Deep bass.
- Removable power cord.
- 5mm audio jack.
- Great stereo sound.
- 2 Watt-hour removable Lithium-ion battery,
- Customizable graphics equalizer.
- Balanced mids.
- Built-in charger.
- Easy to control.
- Choose how you want your music to sound with the customizable graphics equalizer.
- You can connect directly to a device.
- You can place your device on the flat top.
- Instant pairing.
- You can share control of your music or lock the Bluetooth to only pair with your device.
- Easy reconnection.
- 60-day money-back guarantee.
- 2-year warranty.
- Battery life only lasts 9 hours if it is on low volume.
- Some customers complain that the sound quality misses midrange.
- You cannot see the controls when they are not lit.
- There are concerns that the brand underwent ownership changes which could affect quality.
We like the Aiwa, even if the brand has changed ownership. They seem to be highly invested in their product and customer experience. We also love that the Exos-9 has good bass, though it does sound forced to a keen ear.
The mid-range is not audible. We however do love that the speakers have lots of features like 200 watts of power, a remote control, a removable battery, and Bluetooth 4.2. The Aiwa could do with a better midrange and frequency.
The DOSS Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- Superior Sound Quality: Enjoy your music in 12W full-bodied stereo realized through dual high-performance drivers and unique enhanced bass.
- Capacitive Touch Control: Easy-to-use touch controls allow you to amplify the mood and energy of the party. Change tracks, volume and pair effortlessly with just a simple touch.
- Water-resistant Protection: With IPX4 Water-resistant, the DOSS Soundbox Touch speaker can work against water and other liquids' gentle splash. A good choice for summer days, poolside or beach parties, keep the music on your way.
- Portable and Versatile: Enjoy high-definition stereo sound with an impressive volume whether you're lounging, partying, camping, hiking or biking.
- Extended Playtime: Built-in Li-Ion rechargeable battery powers up to 20 hours of playtime at 50% volume. Recharge in 3-4 hours with the included micro USB cable.
The DOSS is compact. At 12 Watts, it delivers a full, high-definition stereo sound with amazing bass. It comes with touch controls that allow you to adjust volume, play, pause or skip music or even make phone calls, as well as pair your device seamlessly. It has a Bluetooth range of 33 feet.
- 12 watts.
- Music control with touch.
- 360-degree stereo sound.
- Bluetooth 4.0 technology.
- IPX5 waterproof.
- Less than 1% harmonic distortion.
- Micro-USB charging cable.
- Bluetooth, Aux-In, and Micro SD.
- Dual high-performance.
- You can make and receive calls.
- 20-hour battery life at 50% volume.
- 33 feet Bluetooth range.
- Built-in Li-ion 2200mAh rechargeable battery.
- Enhanced low bass frequencies.
- Lots of music control – you can change tracks and volume, play, pause or skip music or even make phone calls.
- You do not need to have your device with you in the garage. You can have it in another room and you will still pair without any signal issues.
- You can play uninterrupted music as you work on your project.
- Protects against gentle water splash.
- You have 3 options to play your music, including, Micro SD, Aux-In, and Bluetooth.
- The tone that notifies you that your battery is low can get a little annoying.
- There is also a maximum volume tone, which again is annoying.
The DOSS is a good speaker. Though it does not have high power like other speakers on this review have, at 12 watts, it does a clean job. The sound quality is splendid, and the bass is clear.
The Bluetooth range is also okay, and you can play music even from a device that is not in the room. The touch controls complete the package as you can play, pause, skip, or even pair devices. The only downside is the notification tones.
- Innovative Bose technology packs bold sound into a small, water resistant speaker
- Built-in mic for speakerphone to take clear conference or personal calls out loud with a wireless range of approximately 30 feet.
- Rugged, with a soft touch silicone exterior that makes it easy to pick up and go
- Voice prompts talk you through the Bluetooth pairing so it’s easier than ever or even quick-pair with NFC devices
- The lithium-ion battery lets you enjoy up to 8 hours of play time, rechargeable with USB power sources
Bose is a household name. It is no wonder that one of their Bluetooth speakers made it to our list of the best Bluetooth speakers for garages. But what really makes the Soundlink II remarkable is the full-range sound you get from this speaker.
The silicon texture makes it slip-resistant. It has an 8-hour battery life allowing you to play music all day long. Comes with an app to help with connections. It is available in 4 colors – polar white, aquatic blue, soft black, and coral red.
- Rechargeable via Micro B USB.
- Built-in microphone.
- 30 feet Bluetooth range.
- Rugged design.
- Silicone exterior.
- 8 hours battery life.
- auxiliary jack.
- Easy setup.
- You can make phone calls, hands-free.
- Full range sound.
- Easy to pair.
- You can connect with non-Bluetooth devices.
- Play music all day long.
- This BOSE speaker is quite average, and the bass is nearly non-existent.
- The speaker beeps every 15-20 seconds when charging.
- Many users have had problems with the power.
The Bose Soundlink unfortunately is average, given how much we generally love Bose products. You cannot hear much bass with the Soundlink II and the app is not really necessary.
The overall sound quality is good too, and it comes with all-day battery life. It is also slip-resistant, so you don’t have to worry about dropping the Bose as you carry it into your garage.
The BUGANI M83 Bluetooth Speaker
- Bluetooth Speaker-BUGANI M83 upgraded version speaker has: length 15.4in, height 8.1in, width 5.3in size, two 4-inch full-range speakers and two 1.5-inch tweeters, two 6-inch woofers. The diameter is larger than BUGANI M83, which produces a stronger and deeper bass. It can provide a better and more shocking sound field effect, especially during parties.
- Portable Karaoke Speaker-M83 Upgraded Speakers Bluetooth speaker can be used as a karaoke system. The loudspeaker is composed of 2 high-performance full-range drivers and a bass diaphragm. It has one more singing function than the original M83, Add color to your party,It is the best partner at the party. (Note: Wired microphones need to be purchased separately.This product does not have wireless pairing function)
- Long Battery Life-BUGANI M83 upgraded version speaker has a longer lifespan than BUGANI M83. Why? Since the upgraded speaker is larger than the M83 and equipped with a larger battery, it has a longer battery life. They can provide up to 40 hours of playback time at 50% volume and are fully charged in about 4 hours. The USB port allows you to charge smartphones, tablets, and other USB-powered devices directly through outdoor portable speakers. Take it with you on a camping trip or beach party.
- Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker-M83 Upgraded Speakers Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker is not only sturdy and shockproof, but also waterproof, dustproof and sandproof. Durable and waterproof Bluetooth speakers are sturdy and durable enough to handle your wildest tailgate parties and camping, and can withstand any weather and pool parties.
- What you get- BUGANI portable outdoor bluetooth speaker USB-C charging cable, AUX cable, quick start guide If you have any questions, please contact us, we will reply to you within 5-24 hours and provide you with Best customer service
The first thing that you will notice with the BUGANI is the solid build. The rubber texture protects your speaker from scratches and impact, making it more durable, and an amazing feature because something could fall as you work in your garage.
It also has a handle for easy carrying. With 40 watts, 2 full-range drivers, and 2 woofers, the BUGANI is a beast when it comes to sound. And the battery life on the BUGANI is a champion. We are talking about 40 hours.
- Powerful stereo sound.
- Bluetooth 5.0.
- TPU handle.
- 40 watts.
- 40 hours battery life.
- Smooth rubber appearance.
- IPX 5 waterproof.
- Less than 1% harmonic distortion.
- Alexa compatible.
- Clear, loud sound.
- The volume goes up very high and clear and the bass is strong.
- Faster connection.
- Stable signal.
- Scratch and impact resistant.
- You can play music all day and night.
- Some users seem to experience problems with the Bluetooth and power with continued use.
- In some cases, the speaker just ‘died’, stopped working completely.
The BUGANI simply takes the audio crown. It not only has a build that will protect it from impact, and a handle to make it easy to carry as you go to your garage, but this speaker has 40-hour battery life.
Yes, you can even use it to charge your devices, as they are likely to run out of power before the BUGANI does. The downside with the BUGANI is that it may not last long. You are likely to experience issues with especially Bluetooth and power with continued use.
The W-KING D8 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- 50W HD Sound With Punchy Bass - Get a 50w (70w peak) output power and the latest state-of-the-art 4 drivers and double passive bass radiators for producing punchy bass and true HD sound. Unlike other bluetooth speakers that directly expose passive radiator to the outside, The D8 loud bluetooth speaker is designed with Air Protective Covers to ensure that the passive radiators can deliver deep bass to you well, while protecting the passive radiator from impact, allowing you to use it more freely! The wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas gifts for women/ men！
- 100W Powerful Beast Sound - Easily pair two portable bluetooth speakers, upgrading 100W stereo surround sound immediately. The powerful bluetooth speakers bring vivid sound to life for a fantastically dynamic Audio experience. When you listen to music, watch movies, or play games, the two powerful bluetooth speakers creating two-channel sound immediately brings you extraordinary clarity and detail. With the loud bluetooth speaker, you will feel best atmosphere for Christmas Thanksgiving party, gym, camping, BBQ
- IPX6 Waterproof And Power Bank Function - As a Power Bank to charge your smart device. There is a massive rechargeable battery, a single charge gives you enough juice to 40 hours of playtime. IPX6 waterproof mechanical casings makes it suitable for outdoor activities and passive radiators covers prevent accidental bumps and drops. Take the waterproof rugged bluetooth speaker with you on camping trip or beach party!
- Equalizer & One-touch NFC - Take your sound quality into your own hands with the built-in equalizer (indoor and outdoor mode). Adjust your audio signal, find the right balance, and enjoy deep bass, clear mids, and crisp treble. NFC connection allows you to pair your smartphone with your portable speaker by simply touching it (NFC Only for Android)
- Supported Advanced Bluetooth 5.0/AUX/TF Card & Hands-Free Calling - With V5.0 outdoor bluetooth speaker, you can communicate with the phone assistant and never worry about sudden Bluetooth disconnection while using! Have a wireless connection range of 100ft, creating a fast and stable signal transmission. Included 3.5mm audio jacks and TF-Card Slot.The built-in microphone also provides a hands-free of your call. A wonderful gift for holidays, birthdays, Christmas, Thanksgiving!
The W-KING is BUGANI’s sibling when it comes to the build – it is also rugged and comes with a handle. With 2 subwoofers, 2 tweeters, and powerful bass radiators, the sound quality here is a true HD sound.
The built-in 8000 mAh battery powers your speakers for 24 hours. You can even use it to charge your devices. The Bluetooth range is 100 feet, allowing you to leave your device in another room.
- 50 watts.
- 100 feet Bluetooth range.
- IPX6 water resistance.
- Built-in microphone.
- 8000 mAh battery.
- 5mm audio jacks and TF-Card Slot.
- Bluetooth 5.0.
- Built-in equalizer
- 24-hour battery life (at 20% of the volume)
- 2 acoustic drivers design
- Double bass radiators.
- Hands-free calling.
- USB Type-C cord.
- Loud enough even above the noise you could generate in your garage.
- You get to control your balance, audio signal, bass, mids, and treble.
- Clear high notes, deep bass, and high-quality HD sound.
- Scratch and impact-proof.
- Play music all day and night.
- Stable signal.
- The speakers develop problems like Bluetooth, charging, and battery life with time.
- Some users complained that the overall sound quality was poor.
We would recommend the W-KING. First, because it has a solid build, which would protect the speakers from damage. We also like that the battery is huge, giving you lots of playing hours.
The sound quality is great, clear, and loud, even above the noise you are likely to make in a garage. We however would be worried about the W-KING’s lifespan.
Factors to Consider When Purchasing Bluetooth Speakers for Your Garage
Here we give you a checklist of what characterizes the best Bluetooth speakers for garages.
One way to determine sound quality is to have the speakers tested, and trust your ears to choose the one with the best sound. This however can get confusing where you have listened to several speakers. You might not tell which one produced the best sound. There are 4 criteria that you can use to determine sound quality: watts, frequency range, channels, and impedance. Let’s briefly look at each below, without getting too technical.
Watts/ Wattage – this is simply the power that goes into a speaker, allowing for the sound to be heard. Higher watts equal louder speakers. There are two ways to determine wattage: RMS and peak power. RMS power is the sound output over a long period, while peak power is the maximum output.
For garage speakers, go for between 15 and 20 watts. This should give you around 80 decibels (80 dB). This is high enough even for large garages. Remember to only use the speakers at a maximum of 80% to avoid distortions.
Frequency range – this is measured in Hertz. Ask whether the speaker can emit the entire range that a human ear can perceive (between 20 Hz and 20,000 Hz). If it is not able to, we will miss some sounds. Go for speakers with a high range.
Channels/Systems – this refers to the number of speakers that will be involved in sound generation. If you see something like 5.1, then it means that there are 5 full-range speakers and 1 bass subwoofer. Most Bluetooth will have 2.0 systems or 2.1 systems.
Impedance – This is resistance that results from an electric current. The higher the resistance, the lower the power emitted by the speakers, and the lower the decibels produced by the speaker. In short, the higher the impedance, the lower the sound quality. Go for low impedance.
Since most Bluetooth speakers will not be plugged into a power source when you are using them, then you need to choose speakers with long battery life. Smaller speakers have shorter battery lives, while large ones could have even had 24-hour battery life.
A good speaker should have a battery life of at least 4 to 10 hours. Speaker volume does determine how long your battery lasts. Either way, go for good battery life. Since most batteries are Lithium-ion, do not completely discharge them, or leave them discharged.
When working in your garage you do not want to keep looking for your phone or PC to play the next song. You want speakers with some music control. You can for example adjust the volume, skip a song, pause or play.
Bluetooth version 2.1 introduced Enhanced Data Rate (EDR), which allowed for more data transmission, therefore, better sounds. Go for speakers with Bluetooth 2.1 and later.
This is how far the device you have paired your speakers with is until the music starts to get distorted. If you leave your phone in another room, for example, you may want to go for speakers with a longer range. Outdoors, speakers will have a much longer range (20 to 150 feet) as there could be fewer obstacles. The range is much shorter indoors due to obstacles like walls.
Common questions people have on Bluetooth speakers for garages
Here we answer common questions that most people have about the best Bluetooth speakers for garages.
What Should I Consider When I Get a Bluetooth Garage Speaker?
There are several factors that you need to take into consideration when it comes to choosing a Bluetooth speaker for your garage, like sound quality, battery life, Bluetooth version, music control, and Bluetooth range.
Which Garage Speaker Offers the Best Battery Life?
You need to check the battery life before you purchase. Size affects battery life as smaller speakers have small batteries. Large speakers also have longer battery lives (24 hours). A 4 to 10-hour battery life is the average in the market. From our review, the Bluetooth speaker with the longest battery life is the BUGANI at 40 hours.
Should I get a Waterproof Speaker for My Garage?
You would not need to get a waterproof speaker for your garage, unless you use your garage as a laundry room too, and want to protect it from spillage. On the other hand, most utility sinks in garages are big enough, so spillages are unlikely
What is the Best Bluetooth Speaker for Garage?
The best Bluetooth speaker for the garage is the OontZ Angle 3 Portable Bluetooth Garage Speaker. The best Bluetooth speaker has great sound quality, good battery life (4 to 10 hours), music control, and a good range.
Editor’s Pick of the best Bluetooth speaker for garage
The Oontz takes the crown for the best Bluetooth speaker for the garage. It possesses all the characteristics of great sound quality. The frequency range allows you to clearly hear the highs and mids, as well as the bass. It has an impressive 10+ watts per channel, and good battery life (14 hours at ⅔ volume).
The Bluetooth range (100 feet without obstructions) also allows you to play music in the garage even if your device is in another room. It also comes with extras like compatibility with other Bluetooth devices, including the Echo Dot and Echo plus, but also a built-in microphone, and an AUX-in jack that allows you to connect it to non-Bluetooth devices and your TV too.