Have you ever returned home to find the garage door has been left open all day? If so, a Bluetooth garage door opener is a must-have. This door opener can be a helpful addition to your garage.
With the best Bluetooth garage door opener, also commonly referred to by many as the best smart garage door opener, you have options on how to manage your garage door. These options make it possible for you to manage your garage door from your smartphone, smart home technology, or even voice control in modern vehicles.
There are several reasons to look into one of these high-tech garage door openers, including built-in extras like cameras and security features.
Top 6 best Bluetooth garage door openers to buy
- Genie SilentMax
- GenieMaster 3-Button
- Remootio WiFi and Bluetooth
- myQ Chamberlain
- TheTailwind iQ3
- Can You Buy Replacement Garage Door Openers?
- Best Bluetooth Speaker for Garage
- Best Clear Coat for Garage Floors
- Best Utility Sink for Your Garages
- Can I Open My Garage Door with My Phone?
How to choose the best Bluetooth garage door opener for your Garage
A Bluetooth garage door opener is a type of smart garage door opener. You can buy a garage door opener with smart home connectivity built-in. If you have an older garage door opener, you may upgrade it to “smart” status by purchasing a kit that allows you to connect and control it remotely using your smartphone.
Here are a few things you should consider before purchasing a Bluetooth garage door opener.
Integration with existing door
Make sure your Bluetooth garage door opener will function with your existing garage door before you purchase one. On the manufacturer’s website, you should be able to find out which doors an opener works with.
Find out how many smart home systems each garage door opener is compatible with, the more, the better because you’ll have more alternatives when it comes to making your smart home.
If you’re in the market for a new garage door opener, Chamberlain and Genie both have models with this technology built-in. Some Chamberlain doors, for example, come with MyQ built-in, eliminating the need to acquire a third-party attachment.
The best garage door openers feature Bluetooth, while others connect to your phone via Wi-Fi. These devices let you keep an eye on your garage door from afar.
Best Bluetooth garage door opener features
When it comes to choosing a Bluetooth garage door opener, there is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all. With that in mind let us look at some common features in most Bluetooth garage door openers
Almost all of these systems come with an Android and iOS app that you can use to operate your door.
Smart home gadgets integrations
The ability to use Alexa, Google Assistant, Siri, and smart home hubs like Wink and SmartThings with your door depends on the device, and each Assistant or Alexa Skill has distinct capabilities.
Some versions come with built-in video cameras, while others rely on add-on devices or third-party items to enable viewing both within and outside the garage.
Grant access to your visitors through a keypad located outside your garage using a smartphone through the product app or a code
The doors can detect your car and open it automatically when you arrive using your phone’s GPS or an additional Bluetooth device. You also get to know if your garage door is open or closed at all times.
Some of the latest Bluetooth garage models come equipped with high-powered LEDs that illuminate the entire garage.
Smart Door Locks
Lock and unlock your side access door for guests, family, or package deliveries in addition to remotely opening and closing your garage door.
The 6 Best Bluetooth garage door openers reviewed
Here’s our list of the top best Bluetooth garage door opers alternatively referred to many as the best smart garage door openers. We arrived at this after thoroughly testing our selection based on functionality, features, durability, compatibility, integration with favorite apps and gadgets and Bluetooth range.
GarageMate Bluetooth Garage Door Opener
No products found.
The GarageMate garage door opener is an affordable way to use your smartphone to manage your garage door. It’s simple to install and adds a second way to open and close the door.
The GarageMate is not connected to the internet and is only accessible by Bluetooth 4.0. This means that any potential intruders would have to be within 100 feet to gain access.
The GarageMate app requires you to input the password. There’s also a vacation mode that prevents others from opening the door when you are not around.
For maximum range and security, the GarageMate is not connected to the Internet. This reduces Internet security concerns and simplifies installation.
The app’s activity log maintains track of opens and closures and allows you to download the log, which is important if you have several users that need to track their openings and closings. The app, however, is unable to determine if the garage door is open or closed.
The GarageMate does not connect to any other smart-home devices or systems. That means you won’t be able to set the app to switch on your lights when the door opens.
You may use Siri or Google Assistant to launch the app and have it open the door automatically.
- Easy to install
- Can manage multiple users and doors
- Doesn’t provide the status of the door
- Doesn’t connect with other smart home systems
Genie SilentMax Bluetooth Garage Door Opener
- ULTRA-QUIET OPERATION: The SilentMax 1000 is an ideal garage door opener for garages attached to living spaces.
- POWERFUL AND SMOOTH OPERATION: The powerful 140V DC motor features a soft start and stop control for smooth door travel.
- FAST AND EASY INSTALLATION: With no additional hardware required for assembly, the c-channel rail makes for faster, easier installation.
- DURABLE AND RELIABLE: The steel-reinforced belt drive system adds strength, durability and value to the SilentMax 1000.
- SAFE AND SECURE: The Self Diagnostic Safe-T-Beam system helps prevent accidents and Intellicode Security technology helps prevent unauthorized access.
The Genie SilentMax 1200 is an ideal garage door opener if your garage is near living areas. The SilentMax garage door opener from Genie features a lighter-weight 140V DC motor that operates quietly and smoothly, ensuring that your family is not bothered by a noisy garage door.
The Genie steel-reinforced belt in the SilentMax garage door opener is both powerful and silent. With the Genie limited lifetime warranty, you can expect many years of worry-free service. The Safe-T-Beam garage door safety sensors, as well as GenieSense diagnostic technology, are included as safety features.
To assure the highest levels of safety, this garage door opener is built with an enclosed C-Channel rail construction. With no additional hardware required for assembly, the c-channel rail makes for faster, easier installation.
The Genie Intellicode rolling code system on the SilentMax garage door opener prevents unauthorized people from opening your garage door. It comes with two pre-programmed 3-button remotes, a wireless external keypad, and a wall control panel with an independent light button and vacation lock for enhanced security.
This garage has a SmartSet programming feature that makes setting up this belt drive garage door opener quick and straightforward. In addition, it comes with a motion-sensitive light detector.
The garage door opener light goes on automatically anytime something moves in the garage, regardless the garage door is open or closed
- Easy to install
- Auto-reverse feature
- Rolling code security system
GenieMaster 3-Button Bluetooth Garage Door Opener
- COMPATIBLE WITH MOST GENIE OPENERS: Designed to work with most types of Genie garage door openers manufactured since 1993.
- WORKS WITH MULTIPLE TECHNOLOGIES: Compatible with Intellicode Technology, 9/12 dip switch, Genie Gated Community Receivers and fixed code trinary technology.
- OPEN MULTIPLE GARAGE DOORS: Works up to 3 different Genie systems, whether they are all the same or all 3 different openers.
- SIMPLE PROGRAMMING: Detailed, illustrated programming instructions included for quick installation.
- USER FRIENDLY DESIGN: Sleek design with large buttons, LED indicators, and visor clip.
The GenieMaster three-button garage door opener remote is compatible with all Genie garage door opener models. The Genie Master opener will function with your system if it employs fixed code 9/12 technology or the more current Genie Intellicode technology.
This method will also work on Genie gate operators of any age. This is a genuine Genie garage door opener remote control. Genie Intellicode security technology keeps your garage safe whether you’re at home or not.
To prevent unwanted access to your property, the access code changes with each door activation. This garage door opener is also equipped with auto-seek dual-frequency technology, which automatically searches either 315 or 390 MHz to prevent interference from nearby devices and increase overall range and performance.
Up to three different Genie systems can be used, whether they are all the same or all three different openers. Large buttons, LED indications, and a visor clip makes this a user-friendly design.
- Controls up to 3 garage doors
- Multiple virtual keys can be shared
- Compatible with most doors
- Doesn’t support home automation
Remootio WiFi and Bluetooth Smart Garage Door Opener
- Open and close your electric gate or garage door using the smartphone app. Works with most garage door openers. Check compatibility on the Remootio website before you buy. This version (Remootio 2) only works with 5V DC voltage. If you need the version with wide input voltage tolerance, please order Remootio 3.
- Connect via Bluetooth when WiFi is not available. Connect via WiFi and control your garage door from anywhere in the world.
- Sensor included. Check if your garage door is open or closed in the app. Get notifications when someone opens or closes your garage door. Share keys easily via QR code and check who operated your garage door.
- Ultimate security: 256 bit end-to-end encryption. Subscription-free app. 0$ per month. Share virtual keys with up to 20 people.
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa, Google Home, Siri Shortcuts, SmartThings, Apple Watch
This is the world’s first end-to-end encrypted Wi-Fi and Bluetooth smart remote controller, allowing you to manage and monitor your gates and garage doors from your smartphone. Simply connect
Remootio to your gate or garage door with the provided connections, and you’ll be able to manage and monitor it from your smartphone or a smart home hub like Alexa or Google Home. Voice commands can be used to open and close your gates and garage doors.
In the Remootio app, you can also create a personal phrase and use Siri shortcuts to open and close your gates. By using a QR code or text message, you can simply exchange keys with family, friends, or even Airbnb guests.
To share keys, you can utilize any social networking app’s messaging platform. From the app, you can simply grant or remove access rights.
You have complete control over who can use Bluetooth, WiFi, or the Internet to gain access to your gate or garage. As you approach, Remootio can open the gates automatically using Geofencing and iBeacon technologies.
The Remootio app allows you to check whether your gate is open or closed at any time. If you have Alexa or Google Home, you may also inquire if your garage door is closed. Receive notifications whenever your gate is moved, the doorbell is rung, or the gate is left open.
Remootio uses 256-bit end-to-end encryption between your smartphone and the Remootio gadget, whether you use Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. Keys are saved locally on your Remootio device and your smartphone. You can use this garage door opener almost anywhere thanks to its small size.
- Voice commands
- Automatic opening and closing
- Compatible with most doors
- Quite pricey
myQ Chamberlain Bluetooth Enabled Smart Garage Door Opener
- “Did I shut the garage” No more worrying.
- Open or close your garage from anywhere. Simply download the free myQ app for iPhone or Android and get connected with your very own Smart Garage
- Give access to family or friends while on the go
- Never worry if the garage is closed at night by setting a close schedule
- Works with most brands of garage door openers manufactured after 1993 that use photoelectric sensors that do not shut off. It is not intended for use with openers in which the photoelectric sensors located near the bottom of the garage door change power mode (e.g., lights on the sensors turn off after the door is closed), or any Chamberlain Group opener with a yellow learn button manufactured between 2010 and 2021, or any Linear opener.
With the myQ App, you can monitor and manage your garage door from anywhere and receive real-time notifications. The most widely compatible smart garage solution makes setup easier than ever with its simple setup and Universal Bluetooth connection.
Every day, schedule the closing of your garage door or the turning on and off of your lights. The myQ is compatible with a variety of smart home systems, including Google Assistant, IFTTT, Vivint Smart Home, XFINITY Home, etc.
This is one of the best Bluetooth garage door openers on the market.
- Compatible with most doors
- Easy to install
- Remote access
- Not Alexa compatible
TheTailwind iQ3 Bluetooth garage door opener
- Never leave your garage door open again. Patent pending technology senses which car you're driving and closes the door automatically when you leave (if you forget to do it yourself) - may require optional vehicle sensor. Please read the description details.
- Superior peace of mind. Unique security "Night Mode" makes sure your garage door is closed all night long. Grant guest users restricted or full-time access based on date and time.
- Open, close, check the door status, and receive alerts anywhere in the world using your smart device and the Tailwind iOS or Android app. Works with Google Home, Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, Siri Shortcuts, and IFTTT.
- Patent pending technology recognizes your vehicle's Bluetooth ID or the Tailwind vehicle sensor (sold separately or in other kits) so the garage door opens automatically when you arrive in your vehicle and will close if you leave and forget to close it (iPhone users or vehicles without Bluetooth must use a vehicle sensor). Please check our other listings for kits that include a vehicle sensor. Your smartphone must be with you in your vehicle.
TheTailwind iQ3 smart garage door opener has a unique feature that utilizes your car’s Bluetooth connection to automatically open and closes your garage door when you come or leave home.
This feature is only possible if you have an Android phone. If you own an iPhone you must use a separate system. It’s smart and works well, but the range at which it activates isn’t adjustable.
The Tailwind iQ3 Smart Automated Garage Door Controller is smarter than most smart garage door openers, with features like automatic opening and closing, Alexa and Google Assistant connection, and the flexibility to customize how it works.
However, unlike a number of other top smart garage door openers, installation is not simple.
- Alexa and Google Home compatible
- Senses when you get home and opens automatically
- The installation process is complicated
- Some openers need an additional adapter
Benefits of using a Bluetooth garage door opener
Installing a Bluetooth garage door opener comes with its advantages. Let us look at some of the benefits you get to enjoy
Thieves frequently target garages because they are easy to enter and exit and they know they can get away with valuable motorcycles, tools, and other items inside a parked car. With the best Bluetooth garage door openers, you will never worry about intruders in your garage ever again.
Access to Your Home
Many homeowners find it easier to offer their kids and guests access to their houses through the garage if they don’t have a smart lock installed on their front door. You can accomplish this with a Bluetooth garage door opener
Automatically Opening and Closing
Most of these Bluetooth garage openers communicate directly to your car or through your phone’s GPS and Bluetooth to open or close the garage for you when you arrive or leave. You won’t have to worry about forgetting to close the garage door during the day.
Packages can be delivered safely
If you don’t want to let delivery people into your house, having them leave the box in the garage is an alternative. Some of these Bluetooth garage openers allow you to give the delivery man a one-time code to access your garage so that they can deliver a package for you inside.
We’ve put together a selection of the best Bluetooth garage door openers to fit a variety of tastes and budgets. There’s a device for you even if you want an effective and efficient device that opens your garage door as you drive up to it or you want to be able to manage it remotely while you’re in the living room watching your favorite program.